[Kea-users] Reservation based on hw-address AND relay-agent-information

Евгений Кабиольский evgkab at susu.ru
Tue Sep 6 15:55:12 UTC 2016

Hello,

So question is in subject. I have to reserve address based on hw-address and option 82 information (circuit-id and remote-id).
This approach is chosen because we have a lot of unmanaged switches behind of our managed switches which support option 82 insertion.
For example, unmanaged switch is placed at hostel room and it belongs to students. But internet service is billed individually.
Unregistered computers will get private IPs. Registered computer (hw-address and network location) will get public IP.

This approach I can configure with classes (a lot of classes:)) And there is no benefits over ISC-DHCP (except reload).

Due to documentation https://kea.isc.org/wiki/HostReservationDesign and https://kea.isc.org/wiki/HostReservationsHowTo there is no way to make reservation based on hw-address and circuit-id simultaneously.

But there is client class reference at hosts table. Can I use them to make reservation based on class (which will describe switch mac and port number) AND hw-address as first identifier?

Kind regards,
--
Evgeniy Kabiolskiy
South Ural State University