[Kea-users] "filename" vs "option bootfile-name"

Patrik Lundin patrik at sigterm.se
Sat Sep 3 10:18:55 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 08:26:16PM +0200, Patrik Lundin wrote:

> Anyway, like I said I will accept the fact that kea considers "file"
> deprecated in favor of the boot-file-name option. It just means the
> autoinstall feature of OpenBSD needs to know about it as well.

To follow up on this, the development branch of OpenBSD now has an
installer that is capable of picking up the filename from options
rather than the "file" field:
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=147144203513174&w=2

However, upon reading the kea 1.1.0-beta release notes
(https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-01417) yesterday I noticed something:
===
- Significantly extends the existing host reservation capabilities to
   include reservations of specific DHCP options, reservations of siaddr,
   sname, and file fields within DHCPv4 messages, and reservations of
   multiple IPv6 addresses/prefixes.
===

Does this mean you changed your minds and it is now possible to configure
"file" without having to write a custom hook lib for it? How come? Is it also
possible to configure "file" on a global level or only for a specific
host reservation?

--
Patrik Lundin