[Kea-users] License and

Ilya Kruglik ilya.kruglik at outlook.com
Thu Oct 20 14:03:51 UTC 2016

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for the clarification. I should have find read it myself perhaps.

Apologize for not being clear from the beginning, but I'm afraid that we might fall under the "distribution" restriction in what you quoted below. The thing is that our usage of the Kea DHCP is not to be a DHCP server per se inside organisation, but rather be a part of our product/solution. it might mean that we are going to distribute it to our customers since dhcp server is a part of our system.

With all that said, am I interpreting it correctly that our use case can violate MPL and we cannot do local modifications to the code?

Are build system files treated as source code in this scenario even if modifications done only to get it built? What is actually considered as "source code" - any file in the tarball/repo? I'm not really good in that legal questions.

Thanks,

 Ilya.