[Kea-users] Lease or reservation

Csoke János csovike10 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 10 16:44:41 UTC 2016

Hello,

Yesterday I installed Kea 1.1.0 to my Debian 8.6.0 system and it's working fine with Postgresql backend. In my network no dynamical IP poll avaiable, I only use reserved IP address for all hosts.

And I have a question.

When Kea send the reserved IP to the client, it's write this data of DHCP respone to the leases SQL table. My question is, If I modify the reserved IP for this host in host reservation SQL table and the lease is not expire when the client send a new DHCP request, which IP will including to the respone? The leased IP or the new reserved IP?

Thanks your help.

Best regards,

János Csoke