[Kea-users] Hosts table

Thomas Andersen than at itu.dk
Tue May 31 13:14:06 UTC 2016

Hi,

Currently the hosts table is like this:
+----------------------+------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field                | Type             | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
+----------------------+------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| host_id              | int(10) unsigned | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| dhcp_identifier      | varbinary(128)   | NO   | MUL | NULL    |                |
| dhcp_identifier_type | tinyint(4)       | NO   |     | NULL    |                |
| dhcp4_subnet_id      | int(10) unsigned | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| dhcp6_subnet_id      | int(10) unsigned | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| ipv4_address         | int(10) unsigned | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| hostname             | varchar(255)     | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| dhcp4_client_classes | varchar(255)     | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| dhcp6_client_classes | varchar(255)     | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
+----------------------+------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+

This means I can insert two host reservations for the same MAC address on the same subnet id (VLAN).
Will there ever be a time where that is needed?

Could it be useful to make a primary key consisting of dhcp_identifier, dhcp4_subnet_id and dhcp6_subnet_id?

The reason for my question is that the script I currently use, will use a ‘REPLACE INTO’.

(Yes, I could just rewrite the script and do the tests myself.)

--
Med venlig hilsen / With best regards
Thomas Andersen

Network Architect