[Kea-users] convert dhcpd config to kea

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Thu Mar 17 14:48:33 UTC 2016

On 17/03/16 14:23, Thomas Andersen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to convert the old dhcpd config into kea, but with all the ip
> reservations we have, it’s quite a big task.
> Because of this, I have written a (rather simple) script which can read
> the dhcpd config and output ‘subnet4’ part to kea.
>
> Before I go even deeper with this I’d like to ask if this has already
> been done and my work is redundant? :)
I'm not aware of any. We (ISC engineers) discussed this topic, but came
to a conclusion that it's impossible to write a tool that would cover
100% of cases. The major reason are expressions that can be used about
anywhere in ISC DHCP configuration.

Anyway, it's great that you're working on such a script. I'm sure other
users would be very interested in it. If you consider sharing it, I'm
sure we can put it in our repo for contributed code here:
https://github.com/isc-projects/kea-contrib

Thanks for writing such a tool! Please keep us updated with the progress.

Tomek