[Kea-users] How to map DHCPv6 Prefix Delegations to specific clients?

Templin, Fred L Fred.L.Templin at boeing.com
Wed Jun 8 19:10:24 UTC 2016

Hi, I am using DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation from my kea 1.0.0 server. I assign
each client a unique DUID using DUID-EN. I want to make it so that each
client always gets the same DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation every time it asks
for one no matter what other clients are asking for prefixes, no matter
whether the server goes down and comes back up, no matter whether
the lease database gets flushed, etc.

I am hoping there is some way to hardwire this up by putting configuration
lines into my kea.conf or by entering information into a database. For example,
DUID-EN number 1000 receives PD 2001:db8:0:1::/64, DUID-EN number 10001
receives PD 2001:db8:0:2::/64, etc.

Is there a way to set this up in my configuration file? Or is there some way to
populate this information in a database that kea manages?

Thanks - Fred