[Kea-users] host reservation vs. leases

Thomas Andersen than at itu.dk
Wed Jun 1 18:57:44 UTC 2016

Hi,

When assigning IP for a client, will dhcp lease always overrule host reservation?

My scenario is as follows:
My laptop (laptop1) had a host reservation for a specific IP.
I then get a new laptop (laptop2) and therefor change my host reservation to match the mac address for laptop2.

For some reason I don’t get the intended IP assigned for laptop2. I found out that there was an active lease for that IP by laptop1 who had it assigned by host reservation prior.

Is this working as intended? I expected, that because of the change in the host reservation, KEA would ignore the current leases and assign the IP to laptop2 despite of the lease for laptop1.

--
Med venlig hilsen / With best regards
Thomas Andersen

Network Architect