[Kea-users] Compilation failure with OpenSSL 1.1

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Sun Jul 31 09:57:47 UTC 2016

Adam Majer writes:
> Hello,
>
> Kea seems to fail to compile with OpenSSL 1.1. It was reported in
> Debian at,

=> OpenSSL 1.1 is not (yet) supported. BTW I believe it still is
in beta? (so not expected in a standard system distrib)

> Additionally, it fails to compile with default warnings-are-errors
> compiler option with GCC 6 primarily because of use of auto_ptr.
>
>   https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=831123
>
> auto_ptr is generally bad, so moving away from this construct is a
> good thing. unique_ptr and shared_ptr both being better alternatives.

=> unique_ptr is C++11 only so replacing auto_ptr by unique_ptr is
not a valid option. BTW we fixed all errors with a C++11 compiler
at the exception of auto_ptr (warning only so not urgent) and gtest
which has a bug in some versions.

What is the Debian version do you use? (if someone already asked please
ignore: I am back from holidays)

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>