[Kea-users] "filename" vs "option bootfile-name"

Patrik Lundin patrik at sigterm.se
Sun Jul 10 09:33:33 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have been looking at the possibility of setting the boot file in kea.
In dhcpd this is of course generally done with the "filename" setting,
which sets the "file" field in the DHCP header.

>From reading https://kea.isc.org/wiki/ConfigurationMigration it is clear
there is no equivalent of the "filename" setting, and the page is
hinting this is a BOOTP leftover.

Do I understand correctly that kea will never set the "file" field in
the DHCP header, and I must instead use the DHCP option bootfile-name (67)?

I have been able to boot pxelinux using that option, however I am
running into problems with the autoboot feature of OpenBSD which is
specifically trying to parse out "filename" from the dhclient leasefile.

I just want to make sure I am not missing something in regards to kea.
If this is the way forward I will contact the OpenBSD folks instead.

--
Patrik Lundin