[Kea-users] vendor-encapsulated-options

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Thu Jan 28 22:24:06 UTC 2016

On 28.01.2016 18:39, Derek Lambert wrote:
> After digging through the code it appears the "csv-format" property also
> needs to be specified:
>
> {
>   "name": "vendor-encapsulated-options",
>   "csv-format": false
> },
>
> Added this to my config and kea started without error. Haven't had a
> chance to packet trace yet and confirm the options are actually being
> sent though.
Good catch!

In the older versions it was mandatory to always specify all five
parameters (name, code, space, csv-format and data). It was improved in
1.0.0, but apparently we missed the case of empty option.

csv-format should not be necessary in cases like this. I submitted a
ticket for this: http://kea.isc.org/ticket/4291

I just checked that with the csv-format specified, Kea is able to
respond with option 43 that contains 2 sub-options. My wireshark version
is not able to parse nested options in the option 43, but parsing it
manually it seems valid. The config file I used is attached to the
ticket, if you need it.

Tomek