[Kea-users] vendor-encapsulated-options

Ola Thoresen ola at nytt.no
Tue Jan 26 15:21:50 UTC 2016

Testing a bit with vendor-encapsulated-options, but can't seem to get it
right.

I have created a (global) option-def to add a few Option-43 values:

   "option-def": [
     {
         "name": "config-file-name",
         "code": 1,
         "space": "vendor-encapsulated-options-space",
         "type": "string",
         "array": false,
         "record-types": "",
         "encapsulate": ""
     },
     {
         "name": "image-file-type",
         "code": 2,
         "space": "vendor-encapsulated-options-space",
         "type": "string",
         "array": false,
         "record-types": "",
         "encapsulate": ""
     }
     ],

But when I try to add the following option-data, the server fails to start:

   "option-data": [
     {
         "name": "vendor-encapsulated-options"
     },
     {
         "name": "config-file-name",
         "code": 1,
         "space": "vendor-encapsulated-options-space",
         "csv-format": true,
         "data": "config.conf"
     },
     {
         "name": "image-file-type",
         "code": 2,
         "space": "vendor-encapsulated-options-space",
         "csv-format": true,
         "data": "symlink"
     }
     ],

If I omit the first three lines in option-data {"name":
"vendor-encapsulated-options"}, the server starts fine, but the options
are not sent.
If I add those lines, the server fails to start, with the following error:
    DHCP4_PARSER_FAIL failed to create or run parser for configuration
element option-data: option data does not match option definition
(space: dhcp4, code: 43): no option value specified (/etc/kea/kea.conf:65:7)

I have tried to add some "data": "" of various types to the
"vendor-encapsulated-options" but it does not change anything.
What am I missing here?

This is kea-0.9.2-2.fc22.x86_64.rpm
I can try to download and compile the 1.0-version if that helps

Rgds.

Ola Thoresen