[Kea-users] kea package in RHEL ?

Jiri Popelka jpopelka at redhat.com
Fri Jan 22 11:16:16 UTC 2016

On 9.12.2015 19:11, Jiri Popelka wrote:
> On 9.12.2015 13:23, Tomek Mrugalski wrote:
>> On 09/12/15 11:10, Antoine Roly wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> According to the documentation, Kea is officially supported on RedHat
>>> Enterprise Linux.
>> That means that to be best of our knowledge Kea should be able to run
>> RHEL. If you observe otherwise, it is considered a bug or lack of
>> functionality. Please report such cases and we'll see what we can do
>> about it.
>>
>>> Do you plan to include a Kea package in the official
>>> RHEL repositories, in the epel repo,... ?
>
> Hi,
>
> official RHEL-7 repo definitely not, but EPEL-7 [1] shouldn't be a
> problem as we've already had Kea in Fedora [2] for a few releases.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL
> [2] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/kea.git/tree/

Hi,

I'm happy to announce that kea-1.0.0 has been pushed into EPEL-7 stable
repository, which means that you can install it on RHEL-7/CentOS-7 with:

# yum install kea

Prior to that you need to install (if you haven't already)
'epel-release' package [1], which includes repository information and
gpg keys. For more information see [2].

There are kea-dhcp4, kea-dhcp6 and kea-dhcp-ddns service units, so you
can use 'systemctl start/stop/status/reload/restart/enable/disable/...'
to control them (adjust /etc/kea/kea.conf first).

If you hit any problems with the kea package, report them at [3].

--
Jiri

[1] https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/epel-release-latest-7.noarch.rpm
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL