[Kea-users] Kea logging like dhcpd-isc

Thomas Andersen than at itu.dk
Sun Feb 28 20:39:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

I’ve in the middle of moving our dhcp server from the ‘standard’ centos (dhcpd-isc) towards kea-dhcpd, and in terms of functionality I’m very pleased so far.
However, I’m a bit confused on the logging part.

In the old dhcpd I had log entries like this:

Feb 28 04:05:01 dhcpserver dhcpd: DHCPACK on 172.xx.130.195 to 00:50:c2:xx:xx:xx via 172.xx.130.1

We actually use our logs in a elasticsearch/kibana and soon a hadoop cluster. But in kea, it seems to me that i can only see the current leases and not the requests.
Is there a way to log all dhcp request coming to kea?

My current dhcp4 logger looks like this:

    {
      "name": "kea-dhcp4",
      "output_options": [
          {
            "output": "/usr/local/var/log/kea-dhcp4.log"
          }
      ],
      "severity": "INFO",
      "debuglevel": 0
    },

--
Med venlig hilsen / With best regards
Thomas Andersen

Systems and Network Administrator

IT University of Copenhagen
Rued Langgaards Vej 7
2300 København S

Phone: +45 72185249

**NEVER DISCLOSE YOUR PASSWORD OR SHOE SIZE - NOT EVEN TO YOUR DENTIST**