[Kea-users] Need help in MySQL queries - KEA

Nandan Adhikari nandan.adhikari007 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 10:49:34 UTC 2016

Hi Igor, I am trying to have similar kind of functionality which OMAPI
gives for ISC DHCP.

Its because we have existing setup in ISC DHCP, where we manage the DHCP
using OMAPI which gives the APIs like 'host_add' or 'host_delete'. I was
trying to have something similar to it. The IP/subnet pool is being managed
by another system here, and therefore what is needed is to somehow insert a
lease when a VM/instance comes up and delete that lease when VM is
destroyed.

Thanks Klaus for the reply. I was actually trying to manage leases, which I
think better would be to use host reservation. I will give it a try.

On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 3:50 PM, Igor Smitran <sigor at blic.net> wrote:

> Galera MySQL is MySQL cluster. Kea already has mysql support and already
> does all the work you mentioned.
> Why would you write another API for functionality that is already
> implemented?
>

> On 12/27/2016 08:47 AM, Nandan Adhikari wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am writing a service which assigns IP addresses to newly provisioned VMs
> or physical machines from a pre-defined IP pool. I want to use KEA with
> Galera MySQL backend. The problem I am facing is that there is no docs/info
> regarding the Table schema details or SQL queries to do common tasks like:
>
> 1) lease lookup by mac/ip
> 2) reservation lookup by mac/ip
> 3) add new lease
> 4) delete an existing lease
>
> Here is what I am thinking for above APIs:
>
> 1) lease lookup by mac: (SELECT INET_NTOA(address) as address, HEX(hwaddr)
> as hwaddr, hostname from lease4 where HEX(hwaddr)= ?", macid)
>
> If you could advice me on how to write such API's to do basic management.
>
> --
> Thanks & warm wishes,
> Nandan Adhikari

Thanks & warm wishes,