[Kea-users] Config syntax test option?

Klaus Steden klausfiend at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 19:44:27 UTC 2016

Hi there,

Is there a command line option that can be used to validate a configuration
file without starting the daemon, similar to '/usr/sbin/dhcpd -t -cf
dhcpd.conf' supported by the older ISC DHCP server?

If not, are there plans to add a feature like this? A few of our internal
workflows use the config test syntax in CI/CD pipelines to deploy server
config changes automatically from Git triggers, and I would love to be able
to automate this approach with our Kea server configs, too.

cheers,
Klaus