[Kea-users] Invalid DHCP Server Identifier: 0.0.0.0

atwardowski at choopa.com atwardowski at choopa.com
Tue Aug 30 22:56:15 UTC 2016

On 2016-08-30 16:37, Francis Dupont wrote:
> server-id 0.0.0.0 is considered as invalid by only some clients
> but not all... Anyway there are at least 2 tickets (#3280 and
> #4063) asking for a configurable server-id...
>
> Regards
>
> Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>

Even if it's not configurable, I think it should at least use the IP
address of the interface the request was received on instead of 0.0.0.0.

 From glancing at the code, I think the issue might be that
IP_RECVDSTADDR is not being set on the socket, as documented here:

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=ip&apropos=0&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+10.3-RELEASE+and+Ports&arch=default&format=html