[Kea-users] Multiple Subnets - 1 NIC

Maxime Lareo max.lareo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 12:08:54 UTC 2016

Hi,

I currently testing KEA with 2 servers for HA with a Mariadb Galera
Cluster Backend and it works pretty well.

It running like a charm with one subnet, but when it come managing
multiple subnet, with only 1 NIC, it seems impossible to make it work.
KEA just doesn't want to give an IP address that doesn't belong to its
own subnet.

I don't succeed to use ip relay or client classification properly to
make it work.

Do I missing something ?

I just want to have VoIP devices on another subnet than the original
subnet. All the devices (VoIP or not) are on the same VLAN and switch.

To explain my actual configuration :

I have a client classes testing the option 60 and it work, I can see in
the log file, the expression evaluated to 1, but KEA doesn't choose the
subnet with the client-class but the one who match its subnet (the one
my server ip address belong to), which is after the VoIP subnet in the
conf file.

Someone know a way to make it works ?

Thank you !