[Kea-users] Is KEA trying to do some smart caching?

Ola Thoresen ola at nytt.no
Fri Apr 22 13:26:57 UTC 2016

After some thinking, I believe the issue is that kea is "re-using" the
packet-data for each reply, and not creating a copy of the initial
packet-info read from the config.
That way - when I rewrite an option that is not set by other internal
functions in Kea - such as the Option43-values - it is tracked to all
new DHCP-replies.

I have managed to work around the problem by caching and resetting the
initial values inside the hook (by abusing buffer4_send).
It's ugly, but it works. I would really prefer if Kea started each
"response4" with a new packet - with all options directly from the
config-file though.

I have now also updated the github-repo with proper logging, makefiles
and some other fixes.

I would still love some proper review of the code, as this is really not
my field, but at least it compiles and seems to do what I need it to do.

Rgds.

Ola Thoresen