[Kea-users] PXE boot

Marcin Siodelski marcin at isc.org
Thu Apr 14 16:31:20 UTC 2016

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your inquiry. Although, it is not explicitly titled "PXE boot
configuration" the following chapter:
http://git.kea.isc.org/~tester/kea/guide/kea-guide.html#classify of Kea
Administrator's Manual provides a set of information about the use of
(basic) classification in Kea 1.0.0, which was added to address some PXE
boot scenarios.

If a particular deployment requires some very specific/advanced behavior
we recommend creating a hook application which is loaded and used by the
Kea server to do what is needed. More information about creation of
hooks can be found here:

http://git.kea.isc.org/~tester/kea/doxygen/df/d46/hooksdgDevelopersGuide.html

Sorry for only a brief answer to your email. If you have some specific
questions, or can provide some more details about the PXE configuration
you require, please let us know. In particular, if you have isc-dhcp
configuration you were using for PXE boot, that may be useful for us to
understand what you're trying to achieve and how it can be done in Kea.
That would also help us understand where we have deficiencies in our
documentation.

Please expect any answers not earlier than next week, because many
people travel or have day off on Friday.

Marcin Siodelski
ISC