[Kea-users] Read only hosts table?

Brian Rak brak at choopa.com
Fri Apr 8 18:50:12 UTC 2016

I'm attempting to link our existing inventory system to Kea, so that Kea
will hand out leases based on the IP <-> MAC associations that we
already know about.

I tried to set this up by using the 'hosts-database' option, but it
seems that Kea currently needs write access to that table.  Is that
correct? Specifically, when it first starts up it tries to prepare an
insert query, which fails if it doesn't have permissions.

My plan here was going to be to create a mysql view to map our existing
data into what Kea expects, but I don't want Kea to try and change things.

Is there a better way to do this?  We have too many hosts to just
prepopulate the config file with them.