[Kea-users] API/command channel for Host Reservations

Konstantin Orekhov korekhov at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 1 22:22:30 UTC 2015

Hello, everybody!
Back in April I see there was a discussion on this topic - https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/kea-users/2015-April/000082.htmland I was wondering what was the outcome of this discussion? Is there going to be (or already is) a command channel to manipulate host reservations? I'd certainly love to have that as I don't really like an idea of allowing some other processes to write directly into KEA database, I'd rather have a service end-point exposed to my consumers instead.

The second question - what is the more or less realistic date for host reservations to be moved into a DB? The reason I'm asking is the fact that KEA's DB backend is something that we'd replicate (with Galera for MySQL, for example) and have multiple instances of KEA servers using that replicated DB so having host reservations outside of a DB is a bit of a bummer for us right now.
Third question - does anyone know of some web framework implementing RESTful API frontend for socat or, better yet, directly for KEA's command channel (unix sockets really, as per documentation)? Just curious if there's something like that already out there and I just couldn't find it yet.

Thanks! Konstantin Orekhov