[Kea-users] client classification

Sean McMurray sean at mvtel.com
Wed Mar 18 16:32:51 UTC 2015

Reading through the docs, it seems that there is not much in the way of
client classification.
As far as I can tell, I can class clients two ways:

1. "client-class"
     kea places Option 60 value in "client-class" , prepended with
"VENDOR_CLASS"

First, why is this called "client-class"? Option 60 is vendor class.
Option 61 is client-identifier.
Second, why is "VENDOR_CLASS" prepended? If "client-class" only holds
Options 60 values then this is just noise.

2. "relay"
     kea places the ip address of the relay in "relay"

There is some mention of hooks extensions, but I don't see much
documentation there.

What about options 82? What about any arbitrary rule I want?
dhcpd lets you define classes. Is there a similar concept in kea? If so,
where is it documented?