[Kea-users] perfdhcp and DHCP Performance Guide

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Fri Jun 12 18:52:23 UTC 2015

On 12/06/15 14:08, Ambauen Daniel (ID NET) wrote:
> I'm searching a document called "DHCP Performance Guide".
>
> http://git.kea.isc.org/~tester/kea/doxygen/d6/de6/perfdhcpInternals.html
>
>> The perfdhcp utility provides a way of measuring the performance of DHCP servers by generating large amounts of traffic.
>> Written in C++, its use is described in detail in the DHCP Performance Guide.
>
> According to the description in the first section of "perfdhcp internals"
> This document should describe the use of perfdhcp in detail.
> I hope to get more information about the use of the perfdhcp template feature.
>
> I ask you because google couldn't point me to the right place.
Good catch. I think it was lost when perfdhcp was moved around from
tests/tools/perfdhcp to src/bin. Anyway, I dug out the latest version I
could find and put it here:

http://users.isc.org/~tomasz/perfdhcp/dhcp-perf-guide.html

section 4.5.3 of it discusses perfdhcp templates. I know that some
unit-tests are also using templates. You may want to take a look at
src/bin/perfdhcp/tests/testdata/*.hex.

Can you please open a ticket on kea.isc.org to better document perfdhcp
templates?

Thanks,
Tomek