[Kea-users] logc4plus - no known conversion

Stephen Morris stephen at isc.org
Wed Feb 4 11:33:49 UTC 2015

On 03/02/15 00:46, Nathan Royce wrote:
                      ^
> /home/user/Desktop/CLFS/armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf/include/log4cplus/appender.h:216:22:

note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from
> 'std::auto_ptr<log4cplus::Layout>' to
> 'std::unique_ptr<log4cplus::Layout>'

What version of log4cplus are you using? The downloads available from
sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/log4cplus/files/log4cplus-stable

(including 1.1.2, 1.1.3-rc4 and 1.2.0-rc3) all appear to pass
std::auto_ptr to Appender::setLayout.  However, I see that the master
branch on GitHub:

https://github.com/log4cplus/log4cplus

... has changed the function and passes a std::unique_ptr instead.

If possible, download one of the versions from sourceforge and build
against that.

Stephen