[Kea-users] Host reservations in DB

Михаил Ермаков m.ermakov at lks-tv.ru
Fri Dec 18 06:12:23 UTC 2015

Hi everybody!

It's not clear for me how Kea stores address reservations of hosts.
There is something about it in 1.0.0-beta release notes "Leases and
(DHCPv4)host reservations stored in MySQL or Postgres".

Ok. I use 0.9.2. So... I can add record to PostgreSQL with appropriate
values (address, hwaddr, lifetime...) and my PC will get this address.
There is no
lease expiration mechanism in 0.9.2. My record would be in database
forever. Is it host reservation?

What I understand wrong? Why I shouldn't add this records to DB?

Traditionally, sorry for bad English and thank you for help.