[Kea-users] Host Reservations stored in DB

Fletcher Haynes fhaynes at willamette.edu
Mon Apr 6 21:40:14 UTC 2015

Hello!

We have a large environment (thousands of hosts) where most hosts need a
static reservation. For the past 10+ years, we have been using a custom
DHCP server written in Perl that did all of its lookups for host
reservations in a postgres db. Recently, we have migrated to bind9, and are
approximating this with regular generation of conf files from the database
and OMAPI. This works ok, but we would like to have a DHCP server with
better support for this.

>From what I can tell, Kea will have functionality for storing host
reservations in a MySQL or Postgres backend, and it is currently slated for
the 1.1 release? Could you use help with implementing this feature, or
testing it when it is ready?

--
Fletcher Haynes <fhaynes at willamette.edu>
Systems Administrator/Network Services Consultant