[Kea-users] kea dhcp4 - options returned to client ?

Chaigneau, Nicolas nicolas.chaigneau at capgemini.com
Fri Sep 5 09:16:45 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how dhcp options work with kea-dhcp4.
>From Kea's guide, I read "most options are sent by the server only if the client explicitly requested them".

How can I know which options need to be requested by the client, and which ones are always returned ?

>From the options I've tested, the following are returned automatically:
- 3 (routers)
- 6 (domain-name-servers)
- 15 (domain-name)

And the following are returned only if the client request them:
- 28 (broadcast-address)
- 40 (nis-domain)

Regards,
Nicolas.