[Kea-users] kea dhcp4 - configuration of local listening IP addr ?

Chaigneau, Nicolas nicolas.chaigneau at capgemini.com
Thu Sep 4 16:11:19 UTC 2014

Addendum inside.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : kea-users-bounces at lists.isc.org [mailto:kea-users-bounces at lists.isc.org] De la part de Chaigneau, Nicolas
Envoyé : jeudi 4 septembre 2014 18:05
À : Marcin Siodelski; kea-users at lists.isc.org
Objet : Re: [Kea-users] kea dhcp4 - configuration of local listening IP addr ?

Thanks for the explanation.

To answer your question: yes, this is a real configuration.
We have a DHCP dedicated host with a single interface and multiple IP addresses, which are used by gateways to select leases from different subnets.

Currently we handle this with multiple dhcpd instances, but the goal is to replace them with a single Kea server.

- Or possibly multiple Kea servers (this is not determined yet).
In this case, each server would listen on a subset of the IP addresses (maybe just one). But still all these IP would belong to the same interface, so the need remains.

Regards,
Nicolas.