isc-dhcpd project fork

Robert Blayzor rblayzor.bulk at inoc.net
Fri Nov 3 21:26:20 UTC 2023

On 11/3/23 11:38, Victoria Risk wrote:
> We did ask on this list if anyone was interested in taking over ISC-DHCP
> as an ‘authorized’ fork, and in the end, no, we did not get any
> volunteers. There was one person who indicated they might want to
> maintain the client, as part of a team, if we could find others to help,
> but nothing that rose to the level of a viable committment.
>
> The problems we faced in continuing to maintain ISC DHCP would also
> present difficulties for other maintainers, so I am not very surprised
> that we haven’t seen a viable fork emerge.

I'm aware of the EOL which is why I asked about maybe a community fork
being a possibility. I know several networks (including our own) that
use ISC DHCP extensively and to just forktruck to Kea (which isn't a
seamless transition that I've read) will be a large project for many
network operators.

--
inoc.net!rblayzor
XMPP: rblayzor.AT.inoc.net