Using dhcpcd client to fetch vendor specific options

rajeev Gaur rajeev11gaur at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 13:23:56 UTC 2023

Hello Darren and all

I searched on the web, I was not able to find any method for setting option
55 or for getting Option 43 items.
I checked the github queries that community has posted but nothing for
vendor options.
I feel that dhcpcd support is comparatively lesser than dhclient.
My problem is the project I am working on is using yocto build environment
and yocto build environment supports dhcpcd client by default.
For dhclient probably there will be requirement for cross-compiling the
code and then generate binary for the hardware, still will it work or not.
But I don't mind giving it a try.
Any suggestions / hints are welcome.

Thanks
Rje