dhclient failed to send packet (DHCPRELEASE) on Debian 11

vom513 vom513 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 21:12:46 UTC 2023

> On Jan 22, 2023, at 2:18 PM, Darren Ankney <darren.ankney at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> That doesn’t look like ‘c’ to me.  Looks more like some kind of shell script.  I’m not super familiar with dhclient, but it probably does block until it is done with whatever it is doing as most programs do.
>
> I’d definitely say to go ask about this on a Debian list as this is not really much to do with dhclient and more to do with how Debian is shutting down the interface.

Yep, heading there now.  Thanks for looking at this.

PS: For posterity sake - these .defn files are transformed to C by the defn2c.pl script included in the source tree:

--
vom at ice:/tmp/ifupdown$ ./defn2c.pl inet.defn
#include <stddef.h>

#include "archcommon.h"
#include "archlinux.h"

static option_default _loopback_default[] = {
{ NULL, NULL }
};
<snip>