Not sending DNS information to selected clients.

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 13:28:38 UTC 2023

Hi,

When they say "turn off dns" are you sure they aren't talking about
mdns?  A local network printer is likely registering itself in mdns
and that is why it is showing up.  I'm not sure how you would "turn
off dns" for a device other than preventing it from resolving by not
supplying dns servers. You'd have to make a class for the printer and
maybe a class for every other device. One class gets the dns servers,
the one with the printer does not The DNS servers can be set directly
in the class for everyone else and not globally.

Thank you,

Darren Ankney