Failover log statements

Kraishak Mahtha kraishak.edu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 11:16:18 UTC 2022

Hi, I am using the DHCP in failover mode. I often see the balanced logs
like

 balancing pool 27503f0 15.0.98.0/24  total 10  free 5  backup 5  lts 0
 max-own (+/-)1
 balanced pool 27503f0 15.0.98.0/24  total 10  free 5  backup 5  lts 0
 max-misbal 2

I got to know that lts means fre-backup/2 and if it is positive the local
needs to send the leases data to failover and when it is negative local
server is expecting its peer to move leases to it but I don't get this
max-own  and  max-misbal

Can anyone please explain or guide how the max-own and max-misbal are
calculated? and do we have any threshold values that should not be crossed
for a proper function of the DHCP in failover mode?

Thanks in Advance