DHCP Touched leases are not cleaned

Victor Petrescu victor.petrescu.nicolae at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 22:09:57 UTC 2022

Hi there,

Currently I'm having an issue with the dhcp leases regarding the number of
available IPs.

I have some devices that are renewing their IP addresses at an interval of
15 minutes. The problem is that after the DHCP Server is offering the new
IP, the old one is blocked and cannot be used. This way a lot IPs are
blocked and eventually it goes to "no free leases". And I have to clean
manually the dhcpd.leases file by removing it.

For the moment the workaround is to manually bind the IP to the MACs that
are facing this issue. This way that MAC is not changing the IP.

I attached a prinscreen of the current values of an IP pools that are used.
I'm hiting a 132 touch IPs which seems that cannot be used.

Is there any parameter that can be set or an option to be configured in
order to prevent this ?

Thank you !