dhclient leases decode vendor options

Colin McInnes jabrwock1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 17:05:12 UTC 2022

https://kb.isc.org/docs/isc-dhcp-44-manual-pages-dhclientconf#lease-declarations

Ref says I can add "vendor option space "spacename";" to the leases section
to enable using that defined space to decode incoming leases.

Here is a snippet of dhclient.conf

option space docsis;
option docsis.device-type code 2 = string;
option docsis.server-list  code 61 = array of ip-address;
option local-encapsulation code 43 = encapsulate docsis;

request ... , docsis.server-list;

lease {
    vendor option space "docsis";
}

But the client is saying it's expecting a lease.

/etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf line 48: expecting lease declaration.
vendor

Am I using the vendor option space lease option incorrectly?