DHCP issues 1

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Wed Jun 1 19:22:52 UTC 2022

I probably (almost certainly) don't have the time to address all your issues - and I didn't see the initial post....
...But some details would perhaps help.

What OS/Distro, and version? (debian, cent os, ubuntu etc, / 20.04, 21.10 etc)
Did you install the distro packages for dhcpd, or compile your own? (or something else)
What version of dhcpd?

If you only answer some things - those above are the most important.

---
You mention "secondary" server. Does this mean just a second server (serving it's own ip block[s]), or a load-balanced/peer set of servers?
Running load-balancing/peer servers is quite a bit more complicated. (Lots of moving parts to go wrong, in weird ways, unanticipated corner cases etc.)

You say it's "working" - but how do you know it's working?

But I think getting the basics of what you've done and intend to do is a good place to start.

-Greg