failover

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Sun Jan 30 05:41:57 UTC 2022

Hi Richard,

That makes sense. The dh client will request the last IP address it had,
and the DHCP server should try to allow this if possible. Without an
existing lease file, the server now sees identical requests from either
server, so can give them back the same address.

Now the dhclient.eth2.leases file will have the same IP address on both
servers.

regards,
Glenn