No free leases

Simon dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Aug 24 19:25:23 UTC 2022

> I have a small test network and a dhcp server that was working for it previously, and is currently working for other, similar, production networks.  After bringing the test network back up, the dhcp server is saying "no free leases" for no apparent reason, and I'm hoping someone can point me at the problem:

The config (what you’ve posted of it) looks OK.
Check the rest of it for any class definitions or similar which might affect the clients having the problem. If, for example, there’s something which ties a device to a different subnet, then that would trigger the no free leases because there’s nothing in this subnet the server is allowed to offer to the client.

Or put another way, “no free leases” doesn’t mean that there are no leases available, but there are no leases available **and which the server is allowed to offer the client**.

Simon