Documentation clarification about unsigned/signed integer

Alex Duzsardi alex.duzsardi at prodigy-it-solutions.com
Thu Apr 14 12:47:00 UTC 2022

Thank you, i wasn't aware of that.
So basically the server just decodes bytes in whatever format they might be
provided be it integer, hex, text and it expects the decoded data to make
sense for the type of the option set, integer in the case of option code 93
Is this behavior the same for other option types
(string,ip-address,text,flag) ?

Guessing providing an integer for a string type option doesn't really make
sense , will the server ignore the option in this case or just crash or log
an error ?  (i'll test it on a lab server later)

Thank you for the clarification Simon!

On Wed, 13 Apr 2022 22:04:48 +0100, Simon Hobson <dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk>