duplicate ip address assigned

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Apr 23 19:57:56 UTC 2021

Alan Batie <alan at peak.org> wrote:

>> Apr  9 04:06:08 dhcp01 dhcpd: Dynamic and static leases present for
> 1.1.1.200.
>> Apr  9 04:06:08 dhcp01 dhcpd: Remove host declaration StaticCustomer
> or remove 1.1.1.200
>> Apr  9 04:06:08 dhcp01 dhcpd: from the dynamic address pool for 1.1.1.0/24

Is 1.1.1.200 part of the dynamic pool in the config ? I think it is because that's exactly what the warning in the log is telling you.
What I think has happened is that you've configured the server to allocate 1.1.1.200 to one device via a host statement with fixed-address, AND also allowed it to be dynamically allocated to another device via the dynamic allocation mechanism. The ISC server does **NOT** automatically fix this configuration error for you - but the above warning was added some years ago to alert people to the issue given that many were being caught out by it.

Simon