running dhclient for more than one interface

Sten Carlsen stenc at s-carlsen.dk
Sat May 16 10:19:08 UTC 2020

Thanks

Sten

> On 16 May 2020, at 11.48, Fatemeh Mehdizadeh <mehdizadeh.fatemeh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I used different pid file but it dosen't work.
> dhclient -nw  em1 -pf /var/run/routing/dhclient.em1.pid -lf /var/run/routing/dhclient.leases.em1
> dhclient -nw  em2 -pf /var/run/routing/dhclient.em2.pid -lf /var/run/routing/dhclient.leases.em2

Looking at the man page it seems the if should come last on the command lline:

dhclient -nw  -pf /var/run/routing/dhclient.em1.pid -lf /var/run/routing/dhclient.leases.em1 em1

I have not tried this, I don't know if it matters. It could be that anything after the if is ignored, might be worth trying.