guest network using tagged VLANs

glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Tue Jan 14 02:36:20 UTC 2020

Hi Steve,

There is an even simpler solution.

Configure a single VLAN on the switch, send untagged packets to the port
the WAP is plugged into.

Run the two IP address ranges on the single VLAN. On the dhcp server
configure these as a shared network.

Use your rules about known devices, etc, to decide which pool of
addresses to assign to a given client.

This VLAN does not need to go all the way to the dhcp server, just make
sure routing is in place with a dhcp forwarder on the router - same as
you would do for any non-local subnet.

regards,
-glenn