Configuring option 82

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Mon Sep 30 09:58:47 UTC 2019

On 27 Sep 2019, at 12:32, Surya Teja wrote:

> In one of the google forum I have read the statement saying like
>
> The internal implementation in ISC DHCPD of classes is such that it
> scales in a non-linar way - O(N^2) or something. So suddenly you'll
> end up with dhcpd eating 100% CPU.
>
> So I just want to avoid the classes

I think you may find that the documentation for dhcpd.conf,
if you read it carefully, will give you more useful insight
than "one of the google forum".

In particular, this:

     SUBCLASSES
        In addition to classes, it is possible to declare subclasses.  A
        subclass is a class with the same name as a regular class, but
with a
        specific submatch expression which is hashed for quick matching.
  This
        is essentially a speed hack - the main difference between five
classes
        with match expressions and one class with five subclasses is
that it
        will be quicker to find the subclasses.

I hope this helps.

Niall O'Reilly