Super noob installation question

perl-list perl-list at network1.net
Thu May 23 13:11:09 UTC 2019

Assuming the make install completed properly, it probably didn't add the startup file or however it works on the newer stuff (i'm still on sysv init :)  So, while it may have installed dhcpd, it didn't make it an item that systemd (I assume thats what you are using) has control over or something to that effect...  hopefully someone who is familiar with systemd will be along soon...