clients internet issue because of different lease time in dhcp failover

Usman Ahmad usman.hfd at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 23:16:19 UTC 2019

Dear Users,

Today it was mentioned mistakenly a different value of lease time on my two
dhcp server which are configured in failover. Customers gets the IP address
normally but the internet stops working for them.

Could you please explain me that is that a normal behavior or unexpected?
because as per my understanding; if customerA is sending DHCP request to
both DHCP servers and accepts the IP address from single server then
configuration mentioned in that DHCP server should work normally.

please confirm

*--*
*Regards,*
Usman Ahmad