Failover dhcpd pair stuck in partner-down/shutdown state

Thomas Markwalder tmark at isc.org
Wed Jan 2 20:08:38 UTC 2019

Hello:

I suspect that at some point in the past one of the servers was put into
the shutdown state by setting it's state to shutdown (8) via omshell.
This caused the other server to toggle to partner-down (4).  They
servers will stay that way until you take them through recovery by
setting the partner-down peer's state to recover (6).  When a server is
set to shutdown state it remains that until you intervene.  This is
intended to allow you to do maintenance and what not with minimal issues.

Regards,

Thomas Markwalder
ISC Software Engineering