Failover dhcpd pair stuck in partner-down/shutdown state

Eugene Grosbein eugen at grosbein.net
Wed Jan 2 16:26:09 UTC 2019

02.01.2019 22:24, Bob Harold wrote:

> When you say " Second server uses same configuraton ", I hope you did not accidentally mark both as "primary".

No, second is secondary just like in your configuration.

> Here is the config on one of my pairs, for comparision:
>
> -------- first server ------------
>
> failover peer "mydhcppair1"
> {
> primary;
> address 141.211.147.232;
> port 847;
> peer address 141.211.147.248;
> peer port 647;
> max-response-delay 60;
> max-unacked-updates 10;
> mclt 1800;
> split 128;
> load balance max seconds 3;
> }
>

> -------- second server ------------
>
> failover peer "mydhcppair1"
> {
> secondary;
> address X.X.X.248;
> port 647;
> peer address X.X.X.232;
> peer port 847;
> max-response-delay 60;
> max-unacked-updates 10;
> load balance max seconds 3;
> }
>
> Note that "mclt" and "split" can only be specified on the primary.

Hmm, I have "mclt" in the config of secondary server by accident
and it does not complain... Can it be a culprit?

Also, both of my servers use same default control port.

# default ports tcp/647
failover peer "default" {
        secondary;
        address 62.231.191.174;
        peer address 62.231.191.161;
        max-response-delay 60;
        max-unacked-updates 10;
        mclt 60;
        auto-partner-down 60;
        load balance max seconds 3;
}

subnet 62.231.191.172 netmask 255.255.255.252 {}
include "/usr/local/etc/dhcpd.master";