problem with configuring dhcpd for 'unknown' networks

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Feb 21 01:13:32 UTC 2019

Hi Boris,

The dhcp relay *only* relays broadcast requests from a local subnet to the
dhcp server. All other unicast traffic, eg ack, renew, etc, messages must
be able to route to the IP address of the dhcp service.

So make sure you can, for example, ping the dhcp IP address from a device
on the network where your dhcp clients will be. I'm thinking the /32
address is not looking like it is routable to the dhcp server when it
starts.

regards,
-glenn