About two ip address on client

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Tue Feb 19 19:38:39 UTC 2019

On 19 Feb 2019, at 15:18, Rogelio Guerra Riverón wrote:

> How can I assign more than one fixed ip to my dhcp server?

I'm not sure that what you're asking is what you mean.
The DHCP server itself should probably not have its address
assigned using DHCP, as that might involve a circular
dependency.

If what you mean is to ask how to configure your DHCP
server so that multiple fixed addresses are assigned to
one or more individual DHCP clients, then please read on.

Otherwise, I don't understand what you need.

> I have tried twice with the assignment, but it gives me an error
>
> host userExample.azumat.azcuba.cu {
> ethernet hardware 12: 12: 12: 12: 12: 12;
> fixed-address
>
> 172.16.10.30
>
>  ;
> fixed-address
>
> 192.168.0.30
>
>  ;
> }

I don't have a current need to do this, so I can't
offer you a known working example.  Whenever I have
had to do this in the past, I seem to remember
using the trick shown below.

```
host frogbert {
    option host-name "frogbert.example.com";
    fixed-address 10.0.0.2;
    hardware ethernet 00:50:da:1f:42:1c;
}

host frogbert-bis {
    option host-name "frogbert.example.com";
    fixed-address 193.168.0.2;
    hardware ethernet 00:50:da:1f:42:1c;
}
```

What may be a surprise is that the name which follows
the 'host' keyword simply has to be unique within the
configuration, and need not be related to the host-name
by which the client is to be known on the network.
The desired host-name can always be configured using
the 'host-name' option.

I hope this helps.

Niall O'Reilly